Oklahoma Department of Human Services
Sequoyah Memorial Office Building, 2400 N. Lincoln Blvd. • Oklahoma City, OK 73105
(405) 521-3646 • Fax (405) 521-6684 • Internet: www.okdhs.org

Training Resources


This informational packet is meant as a starting point to finding training resources in Oklahoma.  Many programs are dependent upon outside funding, so some programs may be unavailable while new ones may have started. 

This packet provides resources for people seeking training due to a disability, criminal background, and loss of previous job.

Training Resources for People with Disabilities

1. The Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) can help people with developmental disabilities or disabilities that happen later in life.  DRS has offices across the state.  This should be the first stop for training resources for people with disabilities.


To find a DRS office: call 1-800-487-4042, search by your zip code, or read a listing of all locations.



The DRS websites are www.okrehab.org or www.okdrs.org.

The Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) helps with employment, life skills, and support.  DRS helps Oklahomans with disabilities succeed in the workplace, school, and at home.

DRS is comprised of five program divisions, Vocational Rehabilitation, Visual Services, Disability Determination, Oklahoma School for the Blind and Oklahoma School for the Deaf. These divisions operate dozens of programs that help Oklahomans lead more independent and productive lives.

  1. Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR): Employment services for people with any disability, except blindness or diabetes.
  2. Division of Visual Services (DVS): Employment and independent living services for people who are blind, visually impaired or have diabetes.
  3. Disability Determination Division: Determines medical eligibility for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
  4. Oklahoma School for the Deaf: Educational programs for children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
  5. Oklahoma School for the Blind: Educational programs for children who are blind or visually impaired.


2. People with developmental disabilities may find training services:

  • In the Oklahoma City area:

The Dale Rogers Training Center offers vocational training for people with or without Medicaid waiver funding.  There are a few different programs to help people begin working. 

Goodwill offers paid, on-going, job coaching support to participants with disabilities.  Participants learn vocational skills in a work environment that will prepare them for competitive employment.  Training varies from workshops to retail work, janitorial work, landscaping work and light maintenance work. 

  • In the Tulsa area:
    • Goodwill Industries of Tulsa
      2800 Southwest Blvd.
      Tulsa, OK 74017
      (918) 584-7291


3. People with a disability that developed later in life may find training services:

  • In the Oklahoma City area:
    • Quality Counseling & Intervention Services
      1330 Classen Blvd. Suite 311
      Oklahoma City, OK 73106
      (405) 702-0502

People on Medicaid may qualify for a variety of services with Quality Counseling & Intervention Services.  People not on Medicaid will have to pay for services as they go. 

Goodwill offers training programs and job resources for people with various needs. 


Criminal background
Programs that work with people with criminal backgrounds are often funded by grants.  This means organizations and program availability change over time.  Even if programs change, often people in this line of work know who you should contact for other information.  It may take a few phone calls, but you could find current resources that could help you.  Also, please keep in mind that you may qualify for training services based on other factors in your life.  For more resources see the section "Job No Longer Available" below.

  1. There are two grant programs (one in Oklahoma City and one in Tulsa) that offer job placement, life and career coaches, and support services (with referrals to transportation, health care, and housing resources).  To participate, people need to be released from prison within the past six months.  Also, sex offenders, other than prostitution, are not admitted to program.


  • In Oklahoma City contact:
    CEO: Center for Employment Opportunities
    228 Robert S. Kerr, Suite 600, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
    (405) 558-8200
  • In Tulsa contact:
    Tulsa Reentry Onestop
    533 East 36th Street North
    Tulsa, OK 74106
    (918) 938-6141


    2. In Oklahoma City, you may also find assistance with the Urban League of Greater Oklahoma City.  Their contact information is:

Urban League of Greater Oklahoma City, Inc.
3900 N. Martin Luther King Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
(405) 424-5243


Job No Longer Available

  1. Under certain conditions, there may be federal funding available to help someone train for a new job if his/her job is no longer available.  This funding is monitored through the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (Workforce Oklahoma) or its private contractors, which are housed in many Workforce Oklahoma offices. 


You can find a list of Workforce Oklahoma offices at http://www.ok.gov/oesc_web/Services/Workforce_Services/index.html


Generally, before a specialist at Workforce Oklahoma can help you with training questions, you need to be registered in OKJobMatch.com.  You can register from any computer, and computers are available at the Workforce Oklahoma offices.  OKJobMatch.com will ask you questions about your work history and skills.  Plan to spend about 1–2 hours getting registered on OKJobMatch.com.


Another Workforce Oklahoma service is Oklahoma JobLink.  Oklahoma JobLink lets you search for schools and training programs based on location and the type of training you are interested in: https://okjobmatch.com/ada/r/training.


2. Goodwill Industries offers various programs across the state that may either help with training or with assistance finding a job.  There are many Goodwill locations across the state offering various services.  To find an office near you, you may contact Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma at http://okgoodwill.org/index.php or (405) 236-4451 or Goodwill of Tulsa at http://www.goodwilltulsa.org/gwt/Default.asp or (918) 584-7291.

  • In the Tulsa area:
    Goodwill Industries of Tulsa offers the TulsaWORKS program, which offers courses in customer service, computer skills, employment skills, fork lift operation, and unarmed private security.  For more information on the TulsaWORKs program, you may fill out the contact form at http://www.goodwilltulsa.org/Forms.asp?MODE=NEW&Forms_FormTypeID=-1101 or call 918-581-1256.


3. In the Tulsa area, individuals interested in training in the transportation sector (CDL-Class A, diesel maintenance technician, and aerospace manufacturing technician) may contact Transportation Connections WorkAdvance.  Spots in these courses are based on a lottery system.  For more information contact them at:


4.       Some Native American tribes provide training assistance and/or job resources.  Be sure to check with your nation to see which programs may be available for you.