The Oklahoma Indian Child Welfare Association (OICWA), in conjunction with the Oklahoma Department of Human Services and the Court Improvement Program, received a grant to further compliance of the Indian Child Welfare Act through a partnership of Tribal, Court, and Child Welfare stakeholders. See additional information about the Oklahoma ICWA Partnership Grant. There are three positions which are currently available for the four remaining years of this grant. This posting is for the
OICWA Grant Coordinator who will report to the Oklahoma Indian Child Welfare Association, and will collaborate with OKDHS grant staff. This is a full time contract position.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
- Provide staff support for the grant function of OICWA, performing activities to ensure contracted grant objectives are met.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the OKDHS grant manager to provide staff support to the Grant Governance Team and the Tribal/State Workgroup in the development and implementation of an ICWA practice improvement plan.
- Collaborate with the OKDHS grant manager to coordinate and facilitate efforts around grant activities. This may include key informant interviews or other surveys, assisting with the organization of meetings (including document preparation, public notice, minutes, etc.), and assistance with the development and implementation of training materials and strategies.
- Provide staff support to the OICWA board for organizing and carrying out the Annual Oklahoma Indian Child Welfare Conference and other grant educational objectives/opportunities.
- Monitor/manage OICWA's grant budget and provide budget and grant activity reports to OKDHS (as directed by the OICWA board) to meet contract and federal grant reporting needs.
- Related grant work as required.
- Follow all Policy and Procedures as established by OICWA.
This is a time limited, contract position.
A conditional offer of employment to the final candidate will be contingent upon a favorable background check.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in Indian Child Welfare or a closely related field.
Additional Job Requirements
Must have a valid Oklahoma driver's license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proven experience working in teams and across disciplines.
- Experience in a tribal program is preferred.
- Experience creating /developing educational materials.
- Experience with contracts and grants, including experience managing a budget and submitting reports.
The monthly contract rate for this position is $6,806.83. Fringe benefits and all payroll liabilities are the sole responsibility of the selected contractee. Taxes are the sole responsibility of the contractee. Travel reimbursement will be paid for pre-approved travel expenses at the standard GSA rate.
Position Reports To:
OICWA Board of Directors
Apply For this Job
Submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to:
July 14th, 2017