Name of Agency: Northern Oklahoma Youth Services Center and Shelter
Date of off-site review: 08-03-17
Reviewer: Matthew Smith Date of on-site review: 09/14/17
Persons interviewed: April Goodwin and Date of exit conference: 10-20-17
This School Food Authority (SFA) operates the National School Lunch Program, the School Breakfast Program, and the After School Snack Program.
The following areas were corrected prior to the On-Site Portion of this Administrative Review (AR):
- Civil Rights: The School Food Authority (SFA) did not conduct the annual civil rights training during school year 2016-2017. FNS Instruction 113-1 requires staff members who work with program applicants or participants to receive annual civil rights training. Prior to the On-Site visit on October 20, 2017, this training was conducted and documentation was provided to the State Agency (SA) reviewer.
Corrective action for the above was made prior to the On-Site portion of this AR. No further action is required for the above.
Findings and Recommendations Identified During the Off-Site Portion of the Review Conducted August 3, 2017:
Local Wellness Policy: The SFA's local wellness policy needs to have the following added:
- The name and title of the person(s) designated to assess the SFA's local wellness policy and to ensure the policy's implementation. It is recommended no more than two people assess the policy. This is required to meet the requirements under 7 CFR Part 210.30 (c) (4) and 7 CFR Part 210.30 (e) (1).
When changes to the local wellness policy occur review them with the committee and post the policy changes where you publicly post the policy. Once you review and update your policy, consider the policy updated for this program year. An evaluation of program requirements must occur once during a 3-year cycle and any other time the agency or committee identifies the need for updating. All policy updates need to be documented in a wellness assessment report, USDA Memo SP24-2017. The wellness report needs to be posted publicly as required by 7 CFR Part 210.30 (E) (2).
To demonstrate compliance with the local wellness policy:
- Add the name of the person designated to assess the local wellness policy and to ensure the policy is implemented.
- Provide a copy of the wellness assessment report for the SFA's local wellness policy.
- Provide a copy of the updated local wellness policy with the required changes listed above.
- Provide the above requested documentation along your plan for corrective action to demonstrate compliance and understanding.
Reviewer's Comments: I want to commend the staff members who work with the SFA's school nutrition programs on a job well done during this review. All the agency staff members that I interacted with were professional and provided everything I requested in a timely fashion.