Oklahoma Scholars for Excellence in Child Care Scholarship Program
The Scholars for Excellence in Child Care Program awards scholarships to eligible child care professionals to complete coursework in the area of child development or early childhood education.
This scholarship is a partnership between the teacher/family child care provider, child care center, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education and the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS).
This scholarship enables child care teachers/providers to improve their skills through education, and continue the availability of quality child care in local communities.
- Work in a one-star plus or above OKDHS or tribal-licensed child care facility with a minimum of 10 percent subsidy children at time of application;
- Work as a teacher, family child care provider or director at least 30 hours per week earining $15.50 or less per hour;
- Be employed at a child care facility for six months before beginning coursework; and
- Once approved, be on a child development or early childhood education plan of study.
Scholarships available for:
- Coursework taken at community colleges or technology centers leading toward: a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, School-Age Certificate of Completion, Certificate of Mastery, Director's Certificate of Completion, Director’s Certificate of Mastery, or an Associate of Arts or Science degree in child development or early childhood education;
- Coursework taken at a technology center for the Early Education Pathway to CDA leading toward a national Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential; or
- Child Development Associate/Child Care Professional (CDA/CCP) Credential Assessment.
Phone: (405) 225-9395
For additional information, contact the scholar coordinator at your local community college or the admissions office at your local technology center.
Where can I get training for staff?
Find information about caring for children with special needs?
Find scholarships available to child care providers?
Learn about the REWARD program?
Find training opportunities in my area?
Learn about the Conference Voucher Program?
Find information on the Oklahoma Child Care Resource and Referral Association?
Find approved CPR and First Aid courses?