The following steps can be helpful when searching for quality child care:
- Select three child care programs that match your needs -- The Resource & Referral Agency or R&R will help you do this;
- Call the three programs that you selected -- Find out if they have any openings for your child, then schedule a visit to see the child care program and meet the caregiver;
- Visit the child care program -- Take your checklist with you. Talk to the caregiver who will be caring for your child;
- Call the OKDHS Licensing Services office -- And schedule a time to read the records on the child care providers you choose or ask for a summary of those records; and
- Use the following checklist that lists things you can look for when visiting a child care facility.
To contact Oklahoma Child Care Services, please call: Toll Free (800) 347-2276 or (405) 521-3561