Stars quality criteria that must be met by one-star plus, two- and three-star programs include:
- Center directors, teachers and family child care home providers must receive additional training in child development annually.
- Family child care home providers and master teachers in centers must have an early childhood credential or degree with hours in child development.
- Centers must have weekly lesson plans and interest areas to facilitate a variety of activities.
- Family child care homes and centers must involve parents in a variety of ways.
- Center teachers and family child care home providers read to children daily;
For the complete Stars Criteria, please contact your Stars Outreach Specialist.