New Re-Tiering Form for Assisted Living Providers
Beginning Monday, August 27th, we will implement a new form for use by all Assisted Living facilities. This form is for initial use by the Assisted Living and will give the facilities a tangible way to let you, the Case Manager, know that a re-tiering request is being asked on behalf of the Member and given to you, the Case Manager, for action.
This Assisted Living Facility Re-Tiering Request form asks for specific justifications from the Assisted Living’s as to why this request is being made, to include:
- The Member’s ADL’s and IADL’s
- Any special circumstances that would warrant a change
- Interventions that have been implemented in relation to the Member’s increased needs
Once completed, the Assisted Living will need to route this form to the Case Manager with a copy to the AAU. The next step involves the Case Manager addressing the response section. You will need to check either yes, you agree, or no you do not agree.
- If you are in agreement with the request, you will then need to submit an Assisted Living Services Referral and Re-Tiering Request form to the AAU.
- If you do not agree with this request, you will need to justify your response in the space provided on the form and forward a copy to the AAU and the Assisted Living facility.
Although you will have 30 days to complete your section before submission, should the Member require prompt retiering, you will need to respond accordingly.
This form is currently unavailable on the website. Please contact us at Provider Questions for a copy.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the information provided above, please feel free to contact us via email at Provider Questions.