Updated Process for Submitting Responses to Conditions and SPRs
(Previously titled "New, Mandatory Procedures for Corrections, via SmarterMail")
Medicaid Services Unit – ADvantage Administration (MSU-AA), in seeking additional ways to expedite manual processes, will now accept all Service Plan Authorization corrections, also known as responses to Conditions or SPRs, via SmarterMail.
Effective immediately, Service Plan Authorization responses to Conditions or SPRs will only be accepted via SmarterMail (email@example.com). We are unable to accept any documentation via E-Fax as that route does not allow us the opportunity to provide an immediate response to the sender when errors are noted in the submission.
MSU-AA will allow a transition period of 10 business days for all providers to come into compliance with this requirement. Documents received outside of required delivery methods will not be processed beginning July 15, 2017.
Email subject line/Standard naming convention rules
- Member initials
- Member nine (9) digit Medicaid ID number
- The type of response, either "Response to Condition" or "Response to SPR"
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIRED SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Submission MUST include a copy of either the ADv6g documenting the Condition, or the SPR to which the submission pertains.
- Responses to Conditions and SPRs will ONLY be accepted via the SmarterMail process detailed in this document.
- Any submission, other than a response to an SPR or condition, will be returned to the sender and will NOT be processed.
- Any submission of an SPR or Condition that includes documents other than a response to an SPR or Condition will be returned to the sender in totality and will NOT be processed.
NOTE: Strict adherence to the guidelines of this process must be followed without exception to ensure continued success.
A standard auto reply message will accompany the returned submission and will state the following: "The packet you submitted does not meet the standard format as outlined in the bulletin dated July 3, 2017 entitled "Process for Submitting Responses to Conditions and SPR's."
If you have any questions regarding the information provided above, please feel free to contact us via Smarter Mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please discard any copies of this document dated prior to 7/3/2017.