Adult Maltreatment: The Responsibility to Recognize and Report
The goal of the DHS Medicaid Services Unit is for ADvantage Members to live independently, and thrive within their homes, and to provide assurances for their health, safety, and well-being. The ADvantage Waiver Performance Measure specific to Member safety, reported to CMS, includes an assurance that all ADvantage Providers be educated to their responsibilities to recognize and report abuse, neglect, and exploitation of Members.
To address this assurance, an online interactive training titled, "Adult Maltreatment: The Responsibility to Recognize and Report" is made available to all ADvantage Providers via the ADvantage Learning Management System. Each ADvantage Provider is required to complete this training by September 30, 2016. Specifically those required to complete the training includes all Provider staff who have any contact with ADvantage Members as well as Provider staff responsible for training and/or management of staff who have contact with Members. This includes, but is not limited to ADvantage certified and contracted providers of case management, home care, hospice, adult day health, assisted living, durable medical equipment, home delivered meals, and environmental modifications.
To access this training:
- You will need to access the www.okdhs.org website;
- On the green navigation bar at the top of the page, select the Services link;
- Then select the ADvantage Services link and scroll to the bottom of the page;
- Then select the ADvantage Administration Unit link in the bottom right corner of the page;
- On the ADvantage Administration Unit page scroll down to the section heading Online Services and select the Online Training link which will bring you to the ADvantage Learning Management System (LMS);
- During the first visit to this page you will need to select the Create Account link and fill in all required blanks;
- Once you have created an account, back out to the ADvantage Learning Management System home screen and sign-in with your newly created Username and Password;
- Once you have signed in, from the Welcome page you can click on the Online Courses link to get a menu of available courses;
- At the Online Courses page, click on the Adult Maltreatment link and follow the prompts to receive the training;
- There will be a series of knowledge assessment questions at the end of the training. Once you have completed the training successfully, you will be able to print out a personalized certificate of completion for your records.
If you have any questions regarding the information provided above, please feel free to contact us via Smarter Mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org