Warmline (1-888-574-5437) for Oklahoma Child Care providers offers free telephone consultations to child care providers on numerous topics of concern. Consultants refer providers to appropriate services and resources within their communities.
A consultant can help:
- Clarify a problem;
- Provide information, including printed materials, if available;
- Help generate ideas and solutions;
- Offer guidance on developmentally appropriate practices;
- Provide referrals to meet individual needs and requests;
- Direct providers to relevant resources to assist with a concern; and
- Provide follow-up when needed.
Consultants answer the Warmline (1-888-574-5437) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Messages left after hours will be answered as soon as a consultant is available. There are prerecorded topics that can be accessed at any time.
The topic areas are:
- To speak to a child care professional, dial 1-888-574-5437.
- If you don't immediately get through to a child care professional, leave a message and you will be called back as soon as possible within 24 hours unless you call on a weekend.
- Anytime you want to go directly to a topic, just press the topic number.
- Just press the appropriate number if you want information on another topic.
- If you want to hear part of a message again, you can press two to back up. You can do this at any time during a message.
- If you decide you don't want to listen to a topic, you can press four and the number of the topic you want to hear.
- If you want to skip ahead by exiting the topic you are listening to, you can press five to speak to either a child care professional or pick a new topic.
- If you want to listen to a topic again, press seven.
- If you've made a mistake by pressing the wrong number, you can press five and press the correct topic number.
- If after hearing an automated topic, you decide you still want to speak to child care professional, you can press the star (*) key.
- If you are ready to end your call, just hang up.
- If you need help with the system and don't have Warmline Information and Instruction Guide, you can dial 1000 to find out how to use the system.