Oklahoma Department of Human Services
Sequoyah Memorial Office Building, 2400 N. Lincoln Blvd. • Oklahoma City, OK 73105
(405) 521-3646 • Fax (405) 521-6684 • Internet: www.okdhs.org
  Child Care Provider License Application
   To apply to become a licensed child care provider, please fill in the fields below and submit the form when completed.
Your Information



Physical Address


Mailing Address




Child Care Centers are facilities which provide care and supervision of children and which operate more than 30 hours a week.

Part-Day Children's Programs provide care and supervision, generally offering preschool or mother’s day out programs, for more than 15 hours and up to 30 hours a week.

School Age Programs and Summer Day Camps provide care and supervision for school-age children, such as before-school and after-school programs, extended day programs, day camps, summer camps and summer park programs for more than 15 hours per week.

Family Child Care Homes offer care and supervision for up to 7 children in a family home.

Large Child Care Homes offer care and supervision for 8 to 12 children and have more than 1 provider.

Child Placing Agency means a private agency that arranges for, or places children in adoptive homes, foster family homes, or independent living situations.

Residential Child Care Facility means a 24 hour residential facility where children live together with, or are supervised by, adults other than their parents or relatives

A licensing specialist will contact you to complete the licensing process. If your application is approved, you will be issued a permit/license from OCCS indicating you are approved to operate a child care program.

Please note, you may NOT care for any children until you complete the entire licensing process and receive approval from Oklahoma Child Care Services (OCCS), according to Section 405 of Title 10 of the Oklahoma Statutes.

Last Updated:  1/30/2013