If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the OKDHS Web site, read pages, or download information, our Web site's operating system will automatically record some general information about your visit. The information collected is used to improve the content on the Web site and to help the OKDHS Web staff understand how people are using site.
During your visit, our Web operating system will record:
- The Internet domain (for example, "abccompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, "schoolname.edu" if you connect from a university's domain, or “agencyname.gov” if you connect from a government’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our Web site
- The type of browser (e.g., Netscape version X, Internet Explorer version X, or Firefox) that you use
- The type of operating system (e.g.; Macintosh, Windows, or Unix) that you use
- The date and time you visit our site
- The Web pages you visit on our site
- The address of the previous Web site you were visiting, if you came to the OKDHS Web site from another site
This information does not identify a site visitor by name or address and is used for gathering Web site usage statistics. The information OKDHS automatically collects pertains to your visit and does not identify a visitor by personal information.
If you choose to provide OKDHS with personal information – like filling out a “Contact Us” form with an e-mail address and zip code and submitting it to OKDHS through the Web site – OKDHS uses that information to respond to your message and to help OKDHS get you the information you have requested.
OKDHS only shares the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency. OKDHS may provide or distribute certain lists and statistical reports of regulatory information as mandated by law. We never create individual profiles or give it to any private organizations, nor does OKDHS collect information for resale or distribution to commercial marketers. Private information will only be used for the purposes for which it was provided and will not be shared with another entity, except as prescribed by law.
Also, e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. Please send only information necessary to help us process your request.
If you have questions about this policy, please contact the OKDHS Web Content Manager.