1. Post adoption services.
(1) When an adoptive family requests post adoption services, such as Comprehensive Home-Based Services (CHBS), a case is opened and Form 04KI015E, Adoption Post Placement Service Plan (APPSP), is developed with the family.
(A) When the family adopted through the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS), the KIDS number assigned at the time of placement is utilized.
(B) The original case record is not released from the Adoption Section due to confidentiality requirements.
(2) Information regarding the child's background and medical history may be obtained upon request from the Adoption Section.
(3) The Adoption Section manages the review and claims processing of the adoption assistance case.
2. Respite. Respite services are available for a family once a year for up to $75.00 per child The family is provided a respite application upon request. When the application is received, a voucher is issued and sent by Finance to the caregiver for completion. Respite vouchers are not used for a family with a child in foster care.
3. Disclosure Updates. When an adoption specialist receives social, medical, psychological, or educational information on a child after finalization and final case review, the following occurs:
(1) the adoption specialist scans the de-identified, when applicable, document and saves the new information as a PDF file into the child's Permanency Planning case as "Adoption Disclosure Packet" under the Client tab in the file cabinet. The adoption specialist labels the description as "Insert Child's Name/Adoption Disclosure after Finalization";
(2) the adoption specialist notifies Post Adoption Services by email of the late disclosure information saved to the KIDS File Cabinet;
(3) the post adoption specialist completes a new Form 04AN006E, Affidavit of Information Disclosure for Adoption, and provides the new information to the family via certified mail;
(4) after the adoptive family returns signed Form 04AN006E, the post adoption specialist scans the new form and new information into the Post Adoption Services case under the General tab as "Adoption Disclosure" and the description is "Adoption Disclosure After Finalization"; and
(5) when the family fails to return a signed copy of Form 04AN006E, the post adoption specialist scans copies of the form, new information, and certified mail documentation into the post adoption case file cabinet using the same naming as described in (4) of this Instruction.
4. Native American heritage information. Requests to the Adoption Section for Native American heritage information from federally recognized tribes must be on tribal letterhead.
5. Disclosure of medical and social history. An eligible person may request his or her non-identifying medical and social history on Form 04CI002E, Oklahoma Mutual Consent Voluntary Registry Registration Affidavit.