1. Pre-service training for the Bridge resource parent.
(1) Training schedule. A schedule for foster care pre-service training is maintained in KIDS.
(A) The regional field manager may request additional foster parent training sessions in the current or subsequent training quarter on an as-needed basis. Request are honored as resources allow.
(B) A training session must have at least 12 participants enrolled and committed to attend for the training to occur.
(C) When participation in a training session is less than 12 persons at the first training session, consideration is given to suspending the training.
(2) Enrollment. The resource specialist enrolls the applicant in pre-service training on KIDS.
2. In-service training for the Bridge resource parent. The resource specialist:
(1) documents each training completed by the Bridge resource parent in the KIDS resource or verifies the training tracked by KIDS;
(2) contacts the University of Oklahoma National Resource Center for Youth Services (NRC) at 1-800-274-2687 or 918-660-3700 for enrollment of the Bridge resource parent who has:
(A) not completed the mandatory Bridge In-Service (BIS); but
(B) completed pre-service training prior to July 2007; and
(3) completes Form 04AF023E, Written Plan of Compliance, per OAC 340:75-7-94 when a request is received to re-open a Bridge resource home and the Bridge In-service (BIS) has not been completed. When the home is re-opened, the Bridge resource parent completes the BIS within three months of the re-opening date.