INSTRUCTIONS TO STAFF 340:50-3-3
1. The worker completes and gives Form 08AD092E, Client Contact and Information Request, to the household listing the verification needed to determine eligibility. The worker individualizes the form and only checks the items required for that household based on program specific policy. For example, the worker does not check resources when resources are not a factor of eligibility or self-employment when the household did not report that someone in the household was self-employed.
(1) When the household fails to provide all or part of the requested verification, the worker does not send a new Form 08AD092E.
(2) When the worker requests verification not listed on the original Form 08AD092E, he or she must provide a new Form 08AD092E giving the household at least 10 calendar days to provide the additional information.
(3) When the client contacts the worker to check on the status of the application, the worker verbally advises the client of any required verification still needed and what day is the 30th calendar day following the application date. The worker may also resend the original Form 08AD092E with the verification not provided circled when there is a reasonable period of time for the household to receive the form and respond.
(4) In order to provide better customer service, when time permits, the worker may initiate a call to the client to advise him or her of still needed verification and what day is the 30th calendar day following the application date. The worker does not resend the original Form 08AD092E unless he or she is first able to explain why it is being sent and there is a reasonable period of time for the household to receive the form and respond.
(5) The worker must record all face-to-face, verbal, and written household contacts in Family Assistance/Client Services (FACS) Case Notes including:
(A) the date of the contact;
(B) whether the contact was face-to-face, verbal, or in writing;
(C) the name of the person contacted;
(D) whether the contact was worker or client initiated; and
(E) when verbal:
(i) any information provided by the client regarding eligibility;
(ii) what the worker advised the client regarding outstanding verification, if applicable;
(iii) whether the worker resent the original Form 08AD092E or sent a new Form 08AD092E requesting additional verification; and
(iv) any other information the worker gave regarding the application process and time frame.
2. When the worker determines that information is questionable, he or she must explain in FACS Case Notes why the information is considered questionable.