INSTRUCTIONS TO STAFF 340:25-1-1.2
(a) Oklahoma Department of Human Services Child Support Services (CSS) staff provides whatever assistance is necessary for customers to complete CSS self-help forms including, but not limited to:
(1) reading the forms and instructions to the customer;
(2) filling out forms per the customer's directions; and
(3) providing information the customer needs to complete the packet.
(b) CSS staff does not give legal advice to customers.
When an intrastate case is opened for review and modification of the child support order, the case is a full-service case.
(a) CSS does not establish judgments for a noncustodial parent's (NCP) pro rata share of ongoing medical support or child care costs.
(b) CSS collects fixed sum judgments for medical support and child care costs.
A fixed sum judgment is a certain amount ordered by the court as the amount due and owing for medical support or child care costs for a specific time period.
CSS enforces a fixed sum judgment for medical support and child care costs in the same manner as any other judgment.
(c) Medical support includes the costs of the birth.
CSS does not establish a judgment for the costs of the birth.
CSS enforces a fixed sum judgment for costs incurred by the mother for the child's birth in the same manner as any other judgment.
(d) In Oklahoma spousal support is referred to as alimony.
There are two types of alimony in Oklahoma, periodic support alimony, per Section
134 of Title 43 of the Oklahoma Statutes (43 O.S. § 134) and alimony in lieu of property division, per
43 OS § 121.
CSS is authorized to enforce periodic support alimony, but not alimony in lieu of property division.
When a lump sum judgment does not specify the type, principal, and interest, CSS requests the parties provide a clarifying order.
CSS does not build or enforce the judgment until receiving the clarifying order.
CSS does not collect ongoing child care costs that are ordered as a pro rata share of an unspecified child care cost.
(a) Interstate limited services include:
(2) service of process;
(3) coordination of genetic testing;
(4) automated enforcement of interstate cases;
(5) enforcement of a child support order when an NCP's assets may be found in Oklahoma;
(6) modification of a child support order, per Oklahoma Administrative Code
(7) provision of certified payment records, when Oklahoma once had an enforceable order;
(8) assistance with discovery for court proceedings;
(9) determination of controlling order;
(10) conversion of child support stated in a foreign currency to United States dollars when the conversion is necessary to provide another limited service;
(11) resolution of a contest of the validity or enforcement of an Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child Support; and
(12) redirection of payments, amendment of an Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child Support, when necessary, and provision of certified payment records to the
TitleIV-D agency in the custodial person's state when parties do not reside in Oklahoma and Oklahoma issued the child support order.
(b) When limited services are provided to redirect payments or amend an Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child Support, CSS staff provides copies of the redirection of payments and the amended Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child Support to the Central Case Registry at PO Box 248843, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73124-8843.
(c) When Oklahoma is requested to provide limited services, CSS suppresses all non-requested actions.