(a) Prior to October 1, 2013. In determining financial eligibility for an individual related to AFDC or pregnancy-related services, the income of the following persons (if living together or if living apart as long as there has been no break in the family relationship) are considered. These persons include:
(1) the individual;
(2) the spouse of the individual;
(3) the biological or adoptive parent(s) of the individual who is a minor dependent child. For Health Benefits only, income of the stepparent of the minor dependent child is determined according to OAC 317:35-5-45
(4) minor dependent children of the individual if the children are being included in the case for Health Benefits. If the individual is 19 years or older and not pregnant, at least one minor dependent child must be living in the home and included in the case for the individual to be related to AFDC;
(5) blood related siblings, of the individual who is a minor child, if they are included in the case for Health Benefits;
(6) a caretaker relative and spouse (if any) and minor dependent children when the caretaker relative is to be included for coverage.
(b) Prior to October 1, 2013. The family has the option to exclude minor dependent children or blood related siblings [OAC 317:35-6-36(a)(4) and (5)] and their income from the eligibility process. However, for the adult to be eligible, at least one minor child and his/her income must be included in the case. The worker has the responsibility to inform the family of the most advantageous consideration in regard to coverage and income.
(c) Effective October 1, 2013. The MAGI methodology is used to determine eligibility for MAGI eligibility groups. See OAC 317:35-6-39 through OAC 317:35-6-54.
(d) Effective October 1, 2013. Individuals who are determined to be part of a MAGI household cannot be excluded from the household; likewise, income of individuals determined to be part of a MAGI household cannot be excluded unless the exclusion is expressly required under MAGI rules.
(e) When determining financial eligibility for an individual related to the children, parent or caretaker relative, or pregnancy groups, consideration is not given to income of any person who is aged, blind or disabled and receives SSI or is determined to be categorically needy.