INSTRUCTIONS TO STAFF 340:75-8-40
1. (a) Grand staffing. When a child's needs can no longer be met in less restrictive forms of care, such as own home, relative home, adoptive home, or any type of foster family care, the child is assessed and referred for grand staffing. The grand staffing process is a monthly meeting conducted by Developmental Disabilities Services Division (DDSD) and Children and Family Services Division (CFSD) to review, assess, and determine service and placement needs for children who present significant challenges that prevent services in a family setting.
(1) The DDSD case manager or the Child Welfare (CW) worker makes a referral for grand staffing.
(2) Children staffed in grand staffing:
(i) 24-hour supervision by trained staff;
(ii) professional crisis management; and
(iii) intensive support services to establish and maintain life in a community‑based setting; and
(B) have ongoing severe and persistent emotional and behavioral disturbances.
(3) Children in emergency shelter settings are grand staffed when DDSD area staff or CW staff are unable to identify appropriate placement or service resources. The CW county of jurisdiction worker immediately requests a grand staffing for any child in an OKDHS operated emergency shelter who meets or is suspected to meet DDSD eligibility criteria.
(4) Referrals to provider agencies for residential service options are initiated through grand staffing.
(5) The DDSD programs manager or designee for Residential Services must authorize all pre-placement visits and all placements of children in OKDHS custody with any DDSD contracted provider.
(b) Requesting grand staffing.
(1) Following supervisory staffing, Form 04MP035E, Request for CFSD/DDSD Grand Staffing, is completed to initiate the request for a grand staffing by the:
(A) CW county of jurisdiction or county of placement worker, if different;
(B) DDSD intake worker or case manager. DDSD staff submits Form 04MP035E to the DDSD programs manager or designee for Residential Services; or
(C) CW field liaison (CWFL). CW staff submits Form 04MP035E to the CFSD programs manager or liaison to DDSD.
(2) Following receipt of Form 04MP035E, the DDSD or CFSD programs manager reviews Form 04MP035E completed by DDSD or CW staff. Staff with the most knowledge about the child referred completes Form 04MP035E.
(3) Area DDSD staff and CW staff, with supervisory approval, attend grand staffing meetings when requested by the CFSD or DDSD programs manager or designee.
(4) When the child is:
(A) placed in an OKDHS operated shelter, the CWFL assigned to the shelter ensures that the CW worker completes Form 04MP035E and submits to the CFSD liaison; and
(B) known to DDSD, DDSD area staff completes Form 04MP035E and submits to the DDSD programs manager.
2. Grand staffing results. Following the grand staffing, the DDSD programs manager or designee and CFSD programs manager or designee notify respective staff of the outcome or action needed and request any additional information.
3. Pre-placement visits to DDSD placements. Pre-placement visits by children in OKDHS custody to DDSD placements do not occur prior to the approval of the DDSD area manager.