1. Foster care maintenance payment.
(1) Foster care contract. When the Bridge resource family assessment is approved, the resource specialist:
(A) explains the contract to the Bridge resource family;
(B) obtains each Bridge resource parent's signature on two original contracts with each Bridge resource parent's name listed on the contract;
(C) ensures both contracts have original signatures and attaches a legible copy of the primary contractor's Social Security card and driver license to each contract. The name on the contract must be the same as the name listed on the Social Security card;
(D) ensures both contracts have the most recent Certification for Competitive Bid or Contract, found at http://www.dcs.ok.gov/, attached with original signatures. A separate certification is needed for each person signing the contract;
(E) faxes a vendor update request with a legible copy of the Social Security card to Finance-claims;
(F) verifies the vendor is added to the Finance screens before the contracts are submitted to the Foster Care Program Unit;
(G) submits two contracts with original signatures no later than three business days of receipt to the field manager for Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS) signature and assignment of the contract number.
(H) The Foster Care Program Unit returns one contract to the district within 15 business days; and
(I) files one contract in the resource record and provides a copy of the signed contract to the Bridge resource parent.
(2) Foster care claims. Foster care claims are generated automatically through KIDS when the child's placement is updated. Child Welfare Services staff approves the monthly claims for the Bridge resource and tribal foster parent by 5:00 p.m. on the seventh calendar day of the month. It is imperative that placements are entered and updated timely to ensure Bridge resource families are paid accurately and timely. The unapproved claims are monitored daily. The claim includes:
(A) the payee's Social Security number;
(B) the payee's name and address matching the signed foster care contract; and
(C) a vendor update, with the Social Security card, sent to the Finance Division for any name change.
(i) Address changes made in KIDS automatically update in Finance.
(ii) A vendor update is not sent to Finance for an address change.
2. Cancellation or termination of the foster care contract. When a Bridge resource parent verbally requests closure of the Bridge resource home, or OKDHS cancels the Bridge resource home contract, the resource specialist:
(1) confirms the request by sending Form 04FC008E, Notice of Closure to OKDHS Foster Parents, to the Bridge resource parent; and
(2) closes the KIDS resource within 30 calendar days of the contract cancellation or termination.