INSTRUCTIONS TO STAFF 340:75-1-23.1
1. Reinstatement of parental rights. Prior to the Child Welfare (CW) worker contacting the child's attorney, the Child Welfare (CW) supervisor consults with the Child Welfare Field Liaison and Children and Family Services Division (CFSD) Permanency Planning Section to obtain approval to proceed when the:
(1) child meets all the requirements as stated in the statute;
(2) child states that he or she wants his or her parental rights reinstated;
(3) CW worker has conducted a home visit with the parent and the parent has expressed a desire to have their parental rights reinstated;
(4) CW worker has completed:
(A) a Child Abuse and Neglect search to determine any recent child abuse and neglect history;
(B) a name-based background check to determine any recent criminal activity;
(C) contact with three personal references of the parent to determine parent's current functioning; and
(D) Form 04KI028E, Family Functional Assessment, to assess current functioning of the parent.
2. Documenting in KIDS. No later than five business days after a parent's parental rights are reinstated, the CW worker contacts the CFSD, Permanency Planning Section for directions in updating KIDS to reflect this change.