1. The worker helps the household complete the application process by:
(1) making applications available;
(2) helping the household complete the application;
(3) interviewing members of the household or the authorized representative;
(4) making necessary collateral contacts or otherwise helping the household gather required verification as requested;
(5) providing Form 08MP006E, Information for Benefit Renewal, to the household and explaining benefit renewal procedures; and
(6) preparing necessary documents to authorize the household to receive and use food benefits.
2. Methods the applicant may use to apply for food benefits include:
(1) completing the application electronically by:
(A) accessing www.okdhslive.org; or
(B) getting help from a community partner to complete the application on www.okdhs.live;
(2) downloading a paper application from OKDHS - Forms and Applications for Service and completing, signing, and bringing, mailing, or faxing it to OKDHS; or
(3) going into the local human services center (HSC) to complete the application with a worker using the Family Assistance/Client Services (FACS) system.
3. If a person makes an oral request for benefits and states he or she cannot come to the HSC to file the application that day, the worker advises the person to file an application electronically at www.okdhslive.org or call 1-877-653-4798 to file an application by telephone. The worker can preserve this date as the date of application when a hardship exists. A hardship exists when the household states no one can come to the local HSC to file a signed application because of a situation beyond the household's control such as illness, disability, or lack of transportation. The worker must document in the Family Assistance/Client Services (FACS) case notes why the oral request date was used as the application date.
4. (a) The worker must enter information about the authorized representative in the Information Management System (IMS) using the computer transaction EBTU before an electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card can be issued and must enter the person's name and authorized representative designation in the FACS Case Information tab of the Interview Notebook.
(b) When the household reports it no longer wants an authorized representative or requests a new authorized representative, the worker must remove the authorized representative as soon as possible. This is done by removing the authorized representative's name from the FACS Case Info tab and deactivating the person on transaction EBTU. Immediate card cancellation helps avoid misuse of the household's food benefits by the current authorized representative.
5. (a) Initial month means the first month the household applies for food benefits following any period of time the household was not certified.
(b) When there is not an existing case number, the application is registered on the computer system through case number assignment.
(c) When there is an existing case number, the worker uses the existing case number and immediately registers the application.
6. The worker documents in FACS case notes the reason for withdrawal, if the household gave a reason, and that contact was made with the household to confirm or attempt to confirm the withdrawal. When the worker makes contact, he or she advises the household of its right to reapply at any time.