317:40-5-58. Developmental Disabilities Services Division Specialized Foster Care (SFC) staff roles and responsibilities
Developmental Disabilities Services Division (DDSD) SFC staff have the responsibility for:
- (1) orientation and prescreening of SFC applicants;
- (2) making contact with the potential SFC provider within five working days of receipt of a completed application to schedule interviews and start the Home Profile Process, described in OAC 317:40-5-40;
- (3) completing the Home Profile within 90 working days after assignment of the application. The SFC specialist documents the reason for any delay beyond 90 days;
- (4) maintaining regular contact with the provider by making a monitoring visit every six months with a minimum of one telephone contact in all other months.
- (A) The SFC specialist completes the Monitoring Report (DDS-23) (new form number 06AC023E) for each monitoring review.
- (B) Items to be discussed during the telephone contacts are detailed in the Monthly Contact Monitoring Guide.
- (5) completing a Specialized Foster Care/Agency Companion Annual Review (DDS-24) (new form number 06AC024E) for the annual re-evaluation of each provider home by the renewal date;
- (6) attending Team meetings for service recipients in SFC as necessary;
- (7) responding to requests for SFC and respite care;
- (8) providing technical assistance and training to SFC providers regarding claims and resolution of problems, such as:
- (A) payments;
- (B) family dynamics;
- (C) DDSD policy;
- (D) setting up the in-home record as described in OAC 340:100-3-40;
- (E) setting up the provider record; and
- (F) provider training;
- (9) making unannounced home visits to ensure homes and providers are in compliance with DDSD standards and policy;
- (10) reporting to DDSD State Office Training Staff as the provider's training occurs and is updated:
- (A) the provider's name;
- (B) the provider's Social Security Number; and
- (C) dates and places of specific provider training;
- (11) facilitating a written agreement for room and board contributions on behalf of the service recipient, if the Oklahoma Department of Human Services is not the representative payee for the service recipient;
- (12) completing or obtaining the:
- (A) Room and Board Reimbursement for Foster Care (DCW-FH-2);
- (B) Authorization for SFC Services (DDS-SFC-1) (new form number 06AC075E), that:
- (i) is signed by the parent or legal guardian for service recipients not in custody who are requesting SFC services; and
- (ii) allows for authorization of routine or emergency medical care and provides insurance information.