1. SSI benefits. For an initial Supplemental Security Income (SSI) application, the Child Welfare (CW) worker completes and submits to Children and Family Services Division (CFSD) Administrative Services Unit (ASU) Form 04MP029E, Report of Social Security and Veterans Benefits for Children in Out-of-Home Placement, within ten working days from the date the child's disabling condition is identified. The child's information that must accompany Form 04MP029E for the initial determination of SSI includes:
(1) a full-certified copy of the birth certificate;
(2) the legal document showing the date child was initially placed into custody;
(3) medical information, psychological information, or both, stating the diagnosis and prognosis dated within the last 12 months;
(4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of all medical and psychological resources; and
(5) Form 04KI027E, Placement History.
2. Change of payee. For a change of payee for existing benefits, the assigned custody specialist, within ten working days from the child entering Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS) custody and out-of-home placement:
(1) completes Form 04MP029E;
(2) attaches the legal document showing the child's date of custody and Form 04KI027E; and
(3) submits to ASU.
3. Notification of custody or placement change. When a change occurs in the type of placement for a child or OKDHS is relieved of the child's care or custody, the CW worker e-mails ASU within ten working days of the change.
4. Spenddown request. To remain eligible for SSI, the child may not accrue more than $2,000. In order to expend the child's accrued funds, a spenddown request is submitted to the assigned CFSD ASU Social Security specialist.
(1) The CW worker:
(A) completes a KIDS purchase request in the child's KK case and requests approval within KIDS, outlining the items for purchase that the child wants or needs, including, but not limited to the:
(i) approximate price of each item;
(ii) whether the warrant should be paid to the placement provider or to the vendor with the name and address of vendor; and
(iii) whether the warrant should be mailed to the placement provider or the assigned worker in care of the county office;
(B) completes Form 23CO135E, Vendor Information, posted on the OKDHS InfoNet under Contracts & Purchasing forms, at the request of CFSD, if the vendor is not listed in the Office of State Finance database. Form 23CO135E is faxed to the assigned ASU Social Security specialist; and
(2) upon completion of the KIDS purchase request, an e-mail is sent notifying the CW worker of the approval or denial. A warrant is sent to the placement provider or CW worker, if so designated, for the amount of the purchase request regardless whether the check is made out to the placement provider or the store where the items were purchased. The warrant amount includes any down payment required for layaway of the items. The warrant is mailed with a print-out of the approved purchase request item(s). The placement provider or CW worker mails the print-out and the final purchase receipts, with the copy of the approved spenddown requests, to the assigned Social Security specialist. If the documents are not returned by the placement provider, the CW worker obtains and submits the documents.