INSTRUCTIONS TO STAFF 340:50-5-1
1. Document in Family Assistance/Client Services (FACS) case notes those persons who are:
(1) included in the food benefit household; and
(2) not included in the food benefit household and the reason.
2. (a) A person under age 60 may be considered a separate household when the person's disability:
(1) prevents the person from purchasing and preparing his or her own food; and
(2) causes the person to arrange to have food purchased and prepared separately from those with whom he or she lives.
(b) Separate household status may be claimed even if the person who shops for food and/or prepares meals for the disabled person resides in the same house.