INSTRUCTIONS TO STAFF 340:25-5-352
1. Designated Oklahoma Child Support Services (OCSS) district office staff submits distributed adjustment requests through a finance mail box. Before an adjustment is performed, the case information on the automated Oklahoma Support Information System (OSIS) must be updated. When case balances are corrected, all distributed payments are taken into account, even those incorrectly applied. When a payment is adjusted, OSIS automatically increases the balance of the case type to which the payment was distributed in error. Common reasons for adjustment requests and the appropriate balance adjustments, include, but are not limited to:
(1) Current support distributed to the wrong case type.
(A) Current month. When this occurs in the current month, district office OCSS staff corrects the Child Data (CHU) screen for each child and sends an adjustment request to correct the payment distribution. Balance adjustments are not necessary.
(B) Prior month. When this occurs in the prior month, OCSS district office staff reduces the balance for current support on the incorrect case type, creating a credit if necessary, and increases the balance for current support on the correct case type. This balance adjustment has no effect on the noncustodial parent's (NCP's) overall case balance.
(2) Credit balance. OCSS district office staff first determines what case type(s) is overpaid. For example, if case type C is overpaid, OCSS district office staff initializes a credit balance on case type C.
(A) When a case type is overpaid and there are other balances, the Center for Finance and Budget transfers the specified amount from one case type to another.
(B) When a case type is overpaid and there are other balances but the credit is more than the balance owed, the Center for Finance and Budget transfers the specified amount from one case type to another and the remainder is refunded to the NCP.
(3) Payment logged to the wrong case.
(A) Balance adjustments are not necessary.
(B) The Center for Finance and Budget transfers the payment to the correct case.
(4) Current support posted for incorrect amount.
(A) When current support did not post on OSIS, OCSS district office staff makes corrections on the Obligation Selection List by FGN (OBLU) screen and case balances post automatically.
(B) When an amount less than the correct amount posted on OSIS, OCSS district office staff updates the:
(i) OBLU screen;
(ii) Past Due Support Adjustment (CFAR) screen to increase arrearages by the amount that did not post; and(iii) current support on the Current Monthly Amount Due Adjustment (CFAD) screen.
(C) When an amount greater than the correct amount posted on OSIS, OCSS district office staff updates the:
(i) OBLU screen;
(ii) CFAR screen to decrease arrearages by the amount posted in error; and
(iii) CFAD screen to decrease current support monthly due by the amount that posted in error. When the incorrect current support amount was issued to the custodial person, this adjustment creates a credit balance in current support.
(I) When there are sufficient arrearages for a similar case type as the current support amount that posted in error, zero the credit and reduce arrearages by the same amount. This balance adjustment has no effect on the NCP's overall case balance.
(II) When there are not sufficient arrearages for a similar case type as the current support amount that posted in error, further balance adjustments are unnecessary.