(a) Selected households already approved for other benefits administered by the Family Support Services Division (FSSD) are normally pre-authorized during October of each year. Households pre-approved for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) are those who received a State Supplemental Payment (SSP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits all 12 months of the previous year and met all the criteria shown in (1) through (3).
- (1) The household received LIHEAP the previous year.
- (2) The address remained the same.
- (3) The income did not exceed eligibility guidelines for household size during the year.
(b) Households who do not meet preauthorization criteria must complete an application.
(c) The heating assistance part of the LIHEAP normally begins the first working day in December, and applications are taken until allocated funds are expended. • 1
(d) The same payment schedule is used for unsubsidized renters and roomers with utilities included in their rent and for households whose energy source is wood, coal, heating oil, or kerosene, except that payments are made directly to approved households.
(e) Primary sources of home energy include natural gas, electricity, propane, firewood, kerosene, coal, or butane.
- (1) LIHEAP payments are made for utility expenses, deposits, and reconnect charges applicable to the household's primary source of home energy. If both the client and Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS) paid reconnect charges or deposits, the utility supplier must reimburse the client for those charges.
- (2) When other utilities are included with the fuel bill and the amount for the primary source of home energy cannot be identified, or when the fuel vendor only accepts payment for the combined amount, the combined amount may be paid through LIHEAP.
(f) Payments are not made for blankets, emergency repair on the home, new or additional heating equipment, or heating appliances. Propane tank rental and delivery charges are not covered, if they are identifiable.