1. A child(ren) with a solely responsible parent such as a single parent adoption is eligible.
2. Verification of a parent's death is documented in the case record using a:
(1) death certificate;
(2) obituary notice from the newspaper;
(3) funeral program; or
(4) notice pertaining to the deceased.
3. The parent must be willing to accept any feasible plan of physical restoration, training, or social services in connection with an employability plan.
4. A child(ren) whose family does not fall within one of these categories is not eligible regardless of financial need.
5 To be legal adoptive parents, the final court decree must have been issued.
6. Documentation for the establishment of paternity can include a birth certificate or a paternity affidavit.