1. Refer to Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS) Appendix I-7, The Family Tree - Degrees of Kindred According to the Law, for the determination of kinship.
2. (a) Termination of parental rights terminates the parent-child relationship including:
(1) parent's right to the custody of the child;
(2) parent's right to visit the child;
(3) parent's right to control the child's training and education;
(4) the necessity for the parent to consent to the adoption of the child;
(5) parent's right to the earnings of the child;
(6) parent's right to inherit from or through the child.
(b) This does not terminate the duty of the parent to support the minor child unless the child is adopted.
(c) The biological parent is treated as the child's aunt or uncle for TANF purposes if the child has not been adopted. If the child has been adopted by the grandparents, the biological parent is now a sibling.
(d) Worker views order regarding termination of parental rights and documents information in case notes. The document is not copied and is not filed in case record.
3. Refer to OAC 340:10-10-4 for procedures to establish paternity.
4. When questions exist regarding relationship, the worker is required to verify the information through acceptable sources. Refer to OAC 340:10-5-1(3) for commonly found sources of verification.