1. Per diem rates are available at the U.S. General Services Administration Web site. Look for Domestic Per Diem Rates.
2. Refreshments served at receptions and breaks, including such things as rolls and coffee in the morning, do not count as meals.
3. (a) The Support Services Division (SSD), Departmental Services Unit DSU, travel coordinator recommends the propriety of utilizing the 24 and 48 hour rule. The travel coordinator determines the most advantageous flight times for OKDHS. An employee or non-employee opting to travel outside the recommended times is not reimbursed for per diem, lodging, and similar expenses for the time that precedes or follows the recommended time.
(b) An extra day related to the 24-hour rule applies when the purpose of the trip:
(1) begins on Monday, reimbursement status cannot begin earlier than Saturday;
(2) begins on Tuesday, reimbursement status cannot begin earlier than Sunday;
(3) ends on Friday, reimbursement status cannot end later than Sunday; or
(4) ends on Thursday, reimbursement status cannot end later than Saturday.
4. Documentation of comparison cost analysis obtained from the DSU travel coordinator under both scenarios must be included with the filed claim.