Oklahoma Department of Human Services
Sequoyah Memorial Office Building, 2400 N. Lincoln Blvd. • Oklahoma City, OK 73105
(405) 521-3646 • Fax (405) 521-6684 • Internet: www.okdhs.org
Library: News Release

March 5, 2013

For Media Inquiries, Contact:

To apply for services, contact your local Human Services Center.

Media Inquiries may be directed to:
Mark K. Beutler, M.Ed. - OKDHS Office of Communications
(405) 522-3731, Fax: (405) 522-3146
e-mail: Mark.Beutler@OKDHS.org

Utility Crisis Assistance Available for Low-Income Households

Oklahoma Capitol -- Help with home energy costs will be available across the state through the Energy Crisis Assistance Program (ECAP). ECAP is part of the federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) administered by the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS).

The application period for assistance through OKDHS will begin Tuesday, March 26. Applications will be accepted until all allocated funding is spent.

Federal funding for the current crisis program in Oklahoma is projected to be approximately $6 million. 

Low-income households receiving public assistance and those not receiving public assistance may be eligible for home heating assistance. It is important that persons requesting LIHEAP assistance provide their household’s income information and verification of service termination or that service will be terminated within 72 hours as well as verification of income, social security numbers for all household members and citizenship verification.

Applications will be accepted at OKDHS local Human Services Centers.

The maximum income guidelines are:

Size of Household Allowable Monthly Net Income


















Last Updated:  1/6/2014