OKLAHOMA CITY -- Pursuant to Oklahoma Executive Order 98-37, the Oklahoma Partnership for School Readiness/Smart Start Oklahoma through the Oklahoma Department of Human Services announces the availability of Local Project Funding Number 13-001. The Oklahoma Department of Central Services will issue up to $1.2 million to no more than 18 communities. Each community is eligible to apply for up to $125,000. Contracts will be effective July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013 with an option to renew for two additional years.
Community agencies eligible for this Local Project Funding opportunity will develop community collaborations that engage parents, community leaders and other persons interested in early childhood to assure all children are safe, healthy and prepared for school. This shall be accomplished through implementation of the following strategies:
- Early Care and Education Program Collaboration
- Family and Community Engagement
- Integration of Health and Mental Health
- Early Literacy; additionally, the following optional strategy may be addressed:
- Coordinated Professional Development
Eligible applicants include any public or private entity, including an Indian tribe or tribal organizations (as defined at 25 U.S.C. 450b), and community-based organizations, including faith-based organizations, which meet the following requirements:
- Have at least two years of experience in providing community based planning or coordination of local community services.
- An ability to financially support project-related activities for at least two months.
Preference will be given to applicants who have a demonstrated history of supporting an early childhood coalition through their organization and/or have support from an established early childhood coalition in their community.
Application packets will be available beginning March 19, 2012 and applications are due 5 p.m., April 20, 2012. To request an application packet, please contact Stephanie Mendenhall, Fiscal Manager.
Smart Start Oklahoma
421 Northwest 13th Street, Suite 270
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
www.smartstartok.org (Link opens in new window)
The closing date for receipt of completed application is 5 p.m., April 20, 2012.