The Office of General Counsel consists of the Legal Division, which contains the following units:
- Children’s Services
- Employment Law
- Adult Protective Services (APS), Registry and Developmental Disabilities Services Division (DDSD)
- Business and Finance
- Appeals/Family Support
- Medicaid Information
- The Office of Administrative Hearings and the Administrative Court for Child Support are arms of the Office of General Counsel.
The mission of the Office of General Counsel is to act wisely in giving legal advice; to represent vigorously and effectively the agency, its officers and employees and to render judicial decisions fairly and impartially as administrative law judges and hearings officers
Values and Guiding Principles:
- Competence: We will strive to maintain a high degree of competence in legal areas practiced by the Office of General Counsel.
- Ethics: We will conduct ourselves with integrity and honesty in full compliance with the Rules of Professional Conduct and Code of Judicial Ethics.
- Courteous Treatment: We will treat all with courtesy and respect.
- Trust: We will develop trust with our clients, courts and other lawyers as we practice our core values of competency, integrity, honesty and courtesy.